Sunday, October 24, 2010

Balmorhea



There's music for foot stompin', tunes for bass wommpin', limericks for tear jerkin' and melodies to whistle a walkin'; but I don't feel like listening to anything like that right now. I have in mind a sonic landscape befitting a fog laced valley, one with dewy expanse of vermilion blades undulating to the caress of a wispy wind. And as I now sit, nestled between headphones purring the ambrosial sounds of Balmorhea, my mind drifts to such a place.

Strands of banjo arpeggios interlacing with the groan of a cello; musicians voice's loosing fervent moans alongside the droning of a plucked guitar; shrewdly diffuse percussion inciting tumultuous climaxes – this is Balmorhea's third album All is Wild, All is Silent. But alas, my words fail to express the simultaneity of these event; I may only write in this linear fashion, so far removed from Balmorhea's polyphonic soundscape. So I instruct you to partition some time, fully immerse yourself amidst the music – let it cultivate a verdant vista within your mind's eye.



Remembrance


Harm and Boon


Truth

0 comments:

Post a Comment